We previously reminded everyone about the difficulties vessel owners face in attempting to use staffing agencies to avoid liability for Jones Act negligence and unseaworthiness claims. ("Use of Staffing Agencies to Provide Temporary Labor Will Not Protect Vessel Owners From...
Jul 2, 2015
In a case still pending in Louisiana, social media may come back to bite a Jones Act seaman plaintiff. He claims to have been injured on the job, but his Facebook messages seem to tell a different story. In Brannon...
- COVID-19 and Force Majeure Clauses
- Firm Partners “Make the List”
- Reducing Marine Liabilities With Good Contracts – For Marinas and Boatyards
- A Conversation About Partnership
- Arbitration of Jones Act Injury Claims
- Marissa Henderson Presents in New Orleans
- The Wave of the Future: Vessels Controlled By a Joystick
- Dave Ventker Chosen as Top 100 Lawyer in Virginia by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Dave Ventker Speaks to Docking Pilots on Liability Issues
- Civil Appeals after Circuit Court: A Rarity on Virginia’s Homefront