Admiralty and Maritime Law
If it floats (or used to), leaks oil, is listed as seafood at your favorite restaurant, or just smells a little salty, the admiralty and maritime law of the United States probably has something to do with it, and this is a practice area we know quite a bit about.
Even the most sophisticated, well-run business has disputes that cannot be resolved with amicable negotiations. When you have no other option (or someone is coming after your company), seasoned and experienced trial lawyers who understand how to run a business are essential to a successful outcome.
Business and Corporate Law
If you are starting a business, buying one, or thinking about a business divorce, it makes sense to work with a lawyer from the beginning. While you may not want to spend the money up front, it will save you far more down the road if you have laid a good foundation.
Think you owe coverage? Believe you’re entitled to coverage? Maybe, maybe not. Insurance coverage questions can be simple and straightforward, but no one needs a lawyer for simple questions. When the waters are murky and a lot is on the line, a good coverage lawyer can make the difference in determining how the insurance money flows.
Protecting your ideas, business identity, and trade secrets can mean the difference between success and failure. Trademarks and copyrights can be a crucial part of this process (we aren’t patent lawyers, but we do know some good ones).
In a world where the government regulates every facet of life, relationships between business owners, managers, and employees have become increasingly complex. Employment contracts, non-compete agreements, and discrimination complaints should only be considered with the advice of an experienced attorney.
A few of our clients
- COVID-19 and Force Majeure Clauses
- Firm Partners “Make the List”
- Reducing Marine Liabilities With Good Contracts – For Marinas and Boatyards
- A Conversation About Partnership
- Arbitration of Jones Act Injury Claims
- Marissa Henderson Presents in New Orleans
- The Wave of the Future: Vessels Controlled By a Joystick
- Dave Ventker Chosen as Top 100 Lawyer in Virginia by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Dave Ventker Speaks to Docking Pilots on Liability Issues
- Civil Appeals after Circuit Court: A Rarity on Virginia’s Homefront