Admiralty and Maritime Law
If it floats (or used to), leaks oil, is listed as seafood at your favorite restaurant, or just smells a little salty, the admiralty and maritime law of the United States probably has something to do with it, and this is a practice area we know quite a bit about.
Even the most sophisticated, well-run business has disputes that cannot be resolved with amicable negotiations. When you have no other option (or someone is coming after your company), seasoned and experienced trial lawyers who understand how to run a business are essential to a successful outcome.
In a world where the government regulates every facet of life, relationships between business owners, managers, and employees have become increasingly complex. Employment contracts, non-compete agreements, and discrimination complaints should only be considered with the advice of an experienced attorney.
Think you owe coverage? Believe you’re entitled to coverage? Maybe, maybe not. Insurance coverage questions can be simple and straightforward, but no one needs a lawyer for simple questions. When the waters are murky and a lot is on the line, a good coverage lawyer can make the difference in determining how the insurance money flows.
Protecting your ideas, business identity, and trade secrets can mean the difference between success and failure. Trademarks and copyrights can be a crucial part of this process (we aren’t patent lawyers, but we do know some good ones).
Business and Corporate Law
We recognize that as a profession, lawyers kill as many deals as they make. When you want the deal to go through (or to be salvaged), the advice of lawyers with a background in trial work (see Commercial Litigation, above) can be invaluable in getting the deal done.
A few of our clients
- Ventker Henderson Team Prevail on Motion for Summary Judgment on Behalf of Tugboat Owner Whose Mate Was Injured When Mooring Caisson Collapsed Under Him September 5, 2017
- Washington Case May Lead to Rise in Punitive Damage Claims Against Vessel Employers June 20, 2017
- VH Lawyers Attend Cruise to View the COSTCO Development May 9, 2017
- Ventker Henderson Sponsors Virginia Maritime Association’s Future Leaders Event October 17, 2016
- Marissa Henderson Speaks at MLA Panel at Joint CMI/MLA Program June 1, 2016